Andar Bahar is quite popular in Indian online casinos. The game goes by the name of Katti among locals. The gameplay is quite simple and mostly depends on your luck and guesses. The aim of this table game is to pick a side and hope that the chosen card ends up there. You can also bet against the dealer.
Andar Bahar was played in South India, but it soon gained popularity and has made a place for itself in online casinos. We’ll teach you all about how the game of Andar Bahar is played, and if you’re 18+ where you can play it online for real money.
Table of Contents
Rules of Andar Bahar
To understand how Andar Bahar is played, we will have a look at the rules first.
- For Andar Bahar, we use our standard 52 card deck. Each card is taken at its face value, but Ace has the highest value. This makes 2 the lowest card. Unlike poker, you don’t have to memorize any complicated rankings or make a good hand.
- A look at the Andar Bahar table will explain half of the game. The table is divided into two sections – Andar (which means left) and Bahar (which means right).
- You and the dealer would face each other with the table between you.
How to Play Andar Bahar – Step By Step
And now we will explain how a round of Andar Bahar goes. All you have to remember is – Andar is the left side, and Bahar is the right side in the game. This is a easy guide on how the game of Andar Bahar is played, step by step:
- The round begins when the dealer draws a random card and places it face up in the table’s centre. This is the game, and the rest of the game depends on it.
- Then you (as a player) will start by placing a bet. And now you have to guess where the next card of the same value will show up – Andar or Bahar.
- After you pick a side, the dealer will deal out cards one by one and place them on alternating sides. The dealing stops when a card with the same value shows up. If the game card is of a black suit, then the dealing begins from the Andar side. If the game card is red, the dealing begins from the Bahar side.
- If you have bet on Andar and the card turns up on Andar, you win the bet. However, if the card gets placed on Bahar, you lose.
- The next round begins.
This Can be Explained even Better with an Example.
- Suppose the game card that is drawn is 7. The 7 is placed in the middle of the table.
- You bet on the Bahar side, guessing that the next 7 that is drawn from the deck ends up there.
- The dealer starts placing cards on alternating side one by one. They will keep one card on the Bahar side, and the next on Andar, and so on.
- The next 7 is placed on the Bahar side, so you win. You will win 2x your bet.
- However, if that 7 had landed on the Andar side, you would have lost the bet.
Thus, the chances of you winning are 50-50. The game is straightforward to understand and play.
Andar Bahar Variations
There are three basic variations of Andar Bahar. The rules and gameplay remain more or less the same.
- Online Andar Bahar, where you, as a single-player, will play against the dealer (RNG-based game).
- Live Andar Bahar is played online with live dealers and has other players as well. You can find this variant in the live sections of the online casino.
- Speed Andar Bahar is just a rapid version of the original Andar Bahar.
- And then there is good old Andar Bahar played at brick-and-mortar casinos.
- To play Andar Bahar for free, you can use a Andar Bahar mobile app. A great way to play for fun.
In any case, you will be able to enjoy Andar Bahar online from the comfort of your home.
Play Andar Bahar for Real Money?
As mentioned, there are many online casinos that will allow you to play Andar Bahar for real money. Now that you know how to play, why not try your luck at any of these online casinos?