Is Betting Legal in India?
It is a very valid question from the point of view of gamblers and bookmakers in India. Let’s take a look back at the history to understand Indian laws about wagering.
Due to the Public Gambling Act of 1867, betting or wagering is prohibited in India. This law makes running or visiting any public gamble houses illegal. Some states have their own set of laws to prohibit sports betting.
But there is a big loophole in this law. As this law was passed during the colonial period, it was beyond the age of the internet. For obvious reasons, there is no mention of online betting in India. Ever since the introduction of the internet, India’s Government has not amended any strict federal law that makes placing a bet illegal on any sport or horse racing.
So that makes online sports betting legal in India. As of now, there is very little news of any gambler or bookmakers being arrested or fined for staking in any online cricket betting site.
Many international IPL cricket bookmakers take full advantage of this loophole. These off-shore betting sites offer Indian gamblers a safe route to gamble online without breaking any law.
Although it’s still a disputed issue as state laws and federal laws often contradict each other.
The USA has implemented American Internet Gambling Prohibition Act to put an end to online betting markets explicitly. But in India, it’s still a legal gray area. There are many different interpretations by various lawmakers.
So the takeaway from this whole argument is that online betting is legal in India, except for few states. Still, take very cautious steps while betting to avoid any legal complications. Read more on the topic here.
Top Cricket Betting Apps and Sites in India- Pros and Cons
- Betway is one of the oldest and reliable bookmakers serving in the Indian live betting market for a long time.
- Betway provides a great range of competitive betting odds not only in cricket or IPL but also in football, rugby and other sports.
- The Betway website is extremely user friendly and an excellent site for beginners to start betting on the IPL.
- Betway keeps coming up with new weekly free bets and welcome bonus offers.
- You can enjoy IPL live streaming via Betway mobile app.
- Deposit your bet money through bank transfer, visa card, UPI, Neteller and more.
- Betway has limited promotional offers.
- It’s a bit difficult to reach their customer service.
- 10Cric mainly focuses on India for their target players; their site location is also in India.
- Very few online betting sites in India can beat 10Cric in their betting odds and a massive welcome bonus.
- Their casino services are equally good as their cricket betting site.
- 10Cric accepts bet money in Indian currency and offers an array of payment gateways, including master cards, visa cards, debit cards, UPI, bitcoins, Neteller, Skrill etc.
- 10Cric doesn’t yet offer any no deposit bonus on their website.
- Horse racing bets are also not available with them.
3. 22 Bet
- Besides cricket, there are many other sports options on this betting site, such as football, basketball, soccer, ice hockey etc.
- Live betting is another excellent feature of 22 Bet, where you can place a live bet during a game.
- You can access their betting site through a mobile app.
- 22 Bet offers a high payout percentage and a great range of betting odds.
- Unlike many bookmakers, 22 Bet has 24/7 customer care always at your reach.
- The Live streaming option is weak.
- 22 Bet betting site can run slow during peak hours; making a payment can be time taking.
- One of the best IPL betting sites in the world, a reliable brand to use.
- Withdrawing your winning money is a lot easier with Casumo; the whole process takes a maximum of 72 hours.
- Diverse promotions and welcome bonus offers are available, along with fantastic odds.
- Keeping in mind the needs of Indian casual gamblers, Casumo has released an exciting sportsbook.
- Casumo has a mobile betting app.
- The list of games in their catalog is quite long (200+)
- Casumo site has a super-fast loading speed across all devices.
- Casumo is online casino originally, and their betting site for sports is still new and limited.
- Casumo could be a tad overwhelming for 1st-time players and bettors.
- Leovegas makes the betting experience location independent; now, you can gamble from anywhere with their excellent mobile app.
- They have a great selection of online casino games like slots and table games from the top providers.
- Leovegas site is well-responsive and crisply designed.
- Leovegas maintains total transparency in its terms and conditions.
- They offer a unique VIP program, several lucrative bonuses and promotions.
- It’s a quick and easy process to register an account with the Leovegas betting site – it doesn’t take more than two minutes.
- They have limited sports options for a betting site; games like kabaddi or horse racing are not available.
- They have multiple payment gateways for depositing bet money, but the options are limited in withdrawing.
- Betting on cricket is now much more accessible with Comeon’s impressive betting apps designed for the Indian market.
- After serving the European live betting market with an excellent reputation, Comeon has recently entered India, and their betting site is offering deposits in Indian currency.
- Both their cricket betting site and betting apps feature mobile-first focus and a user-friendly interface.
- Comeon’s welcome bonus amount is up to ₹10,000.
- They have some great promotional offers like free cricket bets and multiple payment gateways for players’ convenience.
- Grand live casino service is another plus point of this betting site.
- Despite having a vast amount of welcome bonus, they have high wagering requirements.
7. Bet 365
- Bet 365 is one of the best IPL bookmakers in India that accepts Indian currency for betting on cricket.
- Players’ satisfaction is their real motto – with a variety of bonuses and promotional offers.
- They have a great selection of cricket betting odds, even for regular small leagues and test matches.
- You can watch live streaming of cricket, football, horse racing and other sports on this betting site.
- Bet 365 offers a wide range of deposit options such as Visa cards, Skrill, Neteller and more.
- It’s often not easy to reach their customer care executives.
- Compared to other cricket betting apps, their welcome bonus offers could have been better.
IPL Betting or IPL Satta
IPL is undoubtedly the most popular event in India compared to the ICC Cricket World Cup or the T20 World Cup, not only from the entertainment point of view but also from the economic factors. Considering the enormous amount of money invested in players auctions, products launched around IPL, IPL Satta, and marketing, IPL is a big hit since its first edition.
Both IPL 2020 and T20 WC got canceled last year due to Covid 19. A public poll was held on Twitter by Cricblog asking what the audience wants to enjoy in October – November, IPL or T20? The results showed that IPL won by a close margin.
As we have discussed earlier, there is a long-range of legal IPL betting apps and sites available to play IPL Satta online. What you need to do is to look for the IPL option under the cricket market section of your betting site and select the preferred match. Next, you will see all the available IPL betting options. You can place a single bet or multiple bets as you want, and it will be shown on your betting slip.
These are the most common IPL Satta fields:
- Match Winner
- Match Handicap
- Winner of Coin Toss
- Top players – Batsman and Bowlers
- Total Wickets
- Player Performance
- Highest Opening Partnership
- Total Fours/Sixes
- Man of the Match
You are free to bet on any of the IPL betting options. But it’s always wise to choose the most popular markets for better odds. You can do your research on more niche markets and study the betting sites for the best odds.
In the case of IPL Satta, the bets are usually fixed before the match, and there will be no option to change your bet if the match starts. But for on-going matches, there are in-play IPL betting options available.
IPL 2020/2021 – Schedule and Stats
After eagerly waiting for a lengthy quarantine period, IPL 2020 finally took place in September 2020.
The last IPL edition finalists, Mumbai Indians and Chennai Super Kings, played the first match at the Sheikh Zayed Stadium in Abu Dhabi on 19 September.
The IPL2020 season had a total of 56 matches and continued till 3 November 2020.
According to stats, players who took some of the top runs in IPL 2020 were KL Rahul from Kings XI Punjab (670), Ishan Kishan from Mumbai Indians (516).
Among the highest wicket scorers in IPL 2020, we can take the names of players like Jasprit Bumrah (360) and Trent Boult (344) from team Mumbai Indians, Kagiso Rabada (394) and Anrich Nortje (366) from Delhi capitals, and Yuzvendra Chahal (343) from Royal Challengers Bangalore.
According to players’ points, some of the top players of IPL 2020 are Jofra Archer from Rajasthan Royals, with the highest point 305 in 14 matches. Next on the list are players like Jasprit Bumrah (269.5), Trent Boult (254.5) from Mumbai Indians.
Here’s an IPL 2020 fun fact, in game 1, the 1st ball of an IPL season scored a boundary for the very 1st time. And again, in game 60, the 1st ball of an IPL final match took a wicket.
IPL 2020 Top 10 Highest-paid Players
- Virat Kohli – IPL salary 17 crore
- Pat Cummins – IPL salary 15.5 crore
- MS Dhoni – IPL salary 15 crore
- Rohit Sharma – IPL salary 15 crore
- David Warner – IPL salary 12.5 crore
- Steven Smith- IPL salary 12.5 crore
- Sunil Narine – IPL salary 12.5 crore
- Ben Stokes – IPL salary 12.5 crore
- Suresh Raina – IPL salary 11 crore
- Ab de Villiers – IPL salary 11 crore
IPL 2020 Teams
Chennai Super Kings
- Coach – Stephen Fleming
- Venue – M. A. Chidambaram Stadium
- Captain – MS Dhoni
- Grade – D
- Owner – GMR Sports Pvt. Ltd & JSW Sports Pvt Ltd
- Coach – Ricky Ponting
- Venue – Feroz Shah Kotla Ground
- Captain – Shreyas Iyer
- Grade A+
Kings XI Punjab
- Owner – KPH Dream Cricket Private Limited
- Coach – Anil Kumble
- Venue – Bindra Stadium
- Captain – K L Rahul
- Grade – D
Kolkata Knight Riders
- Owner – Knight Riders Sports Private Ltd
- Coach – Brendon McCullum
- Venue – Eden Gardens
- Captain – Eoin Morgan
- Grade – B
- Mumbai Indians own in 2013, 2015, 2017, 2019,2020
- Owner – Indiawin Sports Pvt. Ltd
- Coach – Mahela Jayawardene
- Venue – Wankhede Stadium
- Captain – Rohit Sharma
- Grade -A+
- Owner – Royal Multisport Pvt. Ltd
- Coach – Andrew McDonald
- Venue – Sawai Mansingh Stadium
- Captain – Sanju Samson
- Grade – C
Royal Challengers Bangalore
- Owner – Royal Challengers Sports Private Ltd
- Coach – Simon Katich
- Venue – M. Chinnaswamy Stadium
- Captain – Virat Kohli
- Grade – A
- Owner – SUN TV Network
- Coach – Trevor Bayliss
- Venue – Rajiv Gandhi Intl. Cricket Stadium
- Captain – David Warner
- Grade – C
IPL 2020 Betting Odds
It often happens with IPL betting odds that many top teams and players slip down to the bottom of the prediction list as the tournament advances.
Let’s check the stats of the winning odds of IPL 2020 teams in the middle of the season. See how the odds changed between September 2nd and 27th to make better decisions for the IPL 2021 season:
- MI: 18.77% (Previously 16.53%)
- SRS: 8.45% (Previously 16.53%)
- DC: 16.30% (Previously 12.54%)
- KKR: 11.61% (Previously 10.70%)
- RCB: 13.27% (Previously 11.36%)
- RR: 10.62% (Previously 8.26%)
IPL 2021 – Schedule
IPL 2021 is going to be the 14th season of IPL cricket. Dealing with the Covid 19 situation in India, IPL 2021 has been scheduled on April 11th, tentatively. There will be 60 matches in IPL 2021, held between 11 April and 6 June.
The opening match of this IPL season is supposed to be played between Mumbai Indians and Delhi Capitals at the Wankhede Stadium in Mumbai.
You can download the IPL 2021 Schedule Fixture and Time Table from here.
IPL 2021 Venue
Covid 19 situation has already made IPL 2020 shift to the United Arab Emirates. But so far, it’s decided that IPL 2021 will be held in India unless there is a hike in Covid cases during the season.
IPL 2021 Auction
IPL 2021 auction had to be scheduled early this year as India will host the T20 WC in October. Through all this rush, the IPL 2021 mega auction could not be organized. The auction date is finalized on 18 February. The venue is Chennai, and Star Sports Network will broadcast IPL 2021 auction.
Top 2 Crore Base Players to be Expected on IPL 2021 Auction
- Shakib Al Hasan
- Steve Smith
- Sam Billings
- Harbhajan Singh
- Kedar Jadhav
- Glenn Maxwell
- Liam Plunkett
- Jason Roy
- Mark Wood
- Colin Ingram
IPL 2021 Teams
IPL Governing Council had earlier decided to bring two more teams to this season before IPL 2021 auction. But as per BCCI’s final verdict, this is going to happen in IPL 2022. Total eight teams are participating in IPL 2021. Overseas players quota increased to 5 from 4 this season. Total 61 players’ slots are available in IPL 2021 auction accumulating all teams and 22 slots for overseas players. Let’s check out the predictions for IPL betting this season.
IPL Betting Odds in 2021
So, are you finally ready to make some money out of IPL Satta this year? Before you dive straight and stake a lot of money, you should consider some tricks and facts about IPL betting.
Let’s face the fact that you are not going to win every single bet you place. Don’t make the mistake of playing a significant number of IPL Satta or invest a large amount of money on a single IPL betting.
The best IPL betting suggestion we can give you is not to put your money on the players or a team just because they are your favorite. Register with multiple IPL betting websites and look out for the most competitive odds.
Don’t be Jack of all trades; try to focus on one team or a specific market and know every little detail about it. Being an expert on a particular team or a couple of niche markets will drastically increase your payout rates.
For the best IPL betting odds, you can visit 10Cric or Betway.
IPL 2021 being around the corner, we can check out the winning odds that are already published for IPL betting.
- MI – 5.00
- DC – 5.50
- RCB – 6
- CSK – 7
- SRH – 7
- KKR – 7.50
- RR – 10
- KKIP – 10
Now that you know your teams, you know the odds, we wish you a lucky IPL betting!
What is IPL?
The IPL, also referred to as the Indian Premier League, is a cricket tournament launched by the Board of Control for Cricket and India in 2008. The idea of IPL was very similar to that of T20 cricket tournaments inspired by International events such as the NBA and English Premier League.
In the first year itself, the IPL game was an instant hit among all. IPL allows particular teams to represent different states of India. The number of IPL teams and team names have undergone changes down the years. Newer IPL teams have been introduced as well. Currently, the IPL has eight cricket teams.
Each IPL team has national as well as international players who are bought through auction procedures. Some of the well-known teams of IPL include Kolkata Knight Riders, Kings XI Punjab, Mumbai Indians, Sunrisers Hyderabad, Chennai Super Kings, Rajasthan Royals, Royal Challengers Bangalore and more.
After the instant success of IPL, ICL (Indian Cricket League) was launched in the market as a competition. Unfortunately, ICL lacked the support of Board of Control for Cricket in India and International Cricket Council and had to wind up.
Meanwhile, several other countries have also adopted the working of IPL cricket matches and launched their own league’s such.
- Big Bash League by Australia in 2011
- Bangladesh Premier League in 2012
- Caribbean Premier League in 2013
When Does Indian Premier League (IPL) Happen?
IPL 2020 was scheduled to begin on 29th March and was expected to last until May. However, due to the unfortunate Coronavirus outbreak, IPL 2020 has been postponed. It’s not clear when IPL 2021 will happen. We’ll update our readers as soon as we get some intel.
Online IPL cricket betting is one of the best ways to enjoy the cricket matches in India. Not only is your interest continued in the game, but you also get to try your luck.
With the increasing popularity of IPL betting, several IPL betting sites have come into being. Interested candidates can choose these platforms and cricket betting sites in India to place their bets. What’s great about the betting website is that you get a huge Welcome Bonus too.
Players usually prefer betting sites like Betway, 10Cric, and Be365. These betting sites also allow IPL betting with Indian rupees, making them one of the most trusted and best IPL betting websites in India.
How Do You Start With IPL Betting?
Online IPL betting across different cricket betting sites is very easy, and formats involved can make cricket fans enjoy the bets.
Even if you haven’t placed any bet earlier, don’t worry. Here is what you need to do to bet on IPL.
- Find the best IPL betting site and register yourself in it.
- On opening an account, you will receive deals, discounts, and welcome bonus options. Choose the one you prefer.
- Deposit funds into your betting account. Since you are staking from betting sites in India, make sure to deposit funds in INR.
IPL betting with Indian rupees helps to make money in the long run. You can also pay your bet through payment methods like credit and debit cards, e-wallets, and bank transfers.
Betting tips: Make yourself familiar with sports betting odds before you place a bet on the betting site.
How Can You Deposit Bet Money?
Depositing is easy and quick on all the betting sites we have reviewed below. Most of these cricket betting sites offer multiple payment methods for depositing money. For instance, you can use popular Indian e-wallets as well as standard international payment methods, including:
- Your credit cards, from Visa to Mastercard
- Local bank transfer
- UPI and Netbanking
The Best Website Choices For IPL Betting
The advancement in technology has played an important role in making betting on the IPL easy. The dominance of these betting markets has been helpful in many ways. Some of the best IPL betting sites that are easy to use and can provide great deposit bonus and welcome bonus offers. Find the best betting app and online cricket betting sites from our list of best cricket betting sites in India.
Betway not only allows you to bet from their gambling site but also the betting app. Pay in Indian rupees, and enjoy live betting!
Keep up with the IPL betting odds and get a huge bonus on signing up for this best cricket betting site, Betway. If you’re lucky, in Betway you may get up to Rs 8,000 as a deposit bonus. Betway needs you to deposit up to Rs 2,500 to start IPL betting.
Depositing and withdrawal is easy with Betway. Betwas has a secure payment gateway, and you don’t have to worry about secure transactions.
If you are into online gambling, you may have probably heard of Bet365. It is one of the largest global sports betting websites allowing bookies from Asia, Russia, and other parts of the world.
On deposit from your credit card, you get huge discounts and great welcome bonus offers too. The IPL betting odds with Bet365 are high, and it is hard to beat down the selections when using this betting app.
Bet365 allows live betting in Indian Premier League cricket, putting up live rates, and also ensures prop gamble options. People who don’t have access to a laptop or system can also use the Bet365 app to place their cricket bets. However, unlike Betway, Bet365 only offers 1600 INR as a bonus.
Almost every IPL betting fan is aware of Dream11. This recently developed online betting app for cricket fans became popular only a few years ago. Although it allows booking for different betting markets and most of the games, fans mostly use it for IPL betting online, like Betway.
Dream11 is exceptionally convenient to use, and even if you don’t win a significant amount, you don’t lose. Did we add that it’s easy to win small amounts? Apart from that, Dream11 is popular among all cricket betting apps because it provides customization options as well.
Dream11 is free, and users get a bonus on registration.
One of the best IPL cricket betting sites after Betway is 10Cric. 10Cric site has a betting license by the Government of Curacao. When you sign up for 10Cric, you get a 100% bonus guaranteed with free spins.
If you are lucky, you can win free bets up to 2,000 INR. However, your team should be winning the tie as well to get the maximum benefit. Unlike any other betting site, 10Cric does not have any minimum betting requirement.
10Cric has a 24/7 customer support with the betting section and a secure payment gateway. You can also check out sub-sections for IPL betting variants, including “Man of the Match” and “Winner Run Out.”
10Cric offers IPL Live betting as well. You can check the IPL odds before betting, so you can take a better decision.
1XBet has more than 500,000 users and is one of the most popular sites among the cricket bettors. Like 10Cric, 1XBet is regulated by the Curacao Gaming Authority only. It is legal in 50 countries and offers various deposit and withdrawal options.
This betting site is also known for good customer service, offering support via phone, mail, live chat, and social media.
There is a dedicated cricket betting section in 1XBet, with a specific section for IPL cricket betting. Bettors can easily check the live streaming, ball-by-ball updates, the market variants, and more.
The cricket odds may vary depending on the team’s capacity. As a result, you need to take competitive odds and active betting markets into consideration.
Licensed and Regulated by Malta Gaming Authority, Royal Panda allows IPL cricket betting with Indian rupees, more like Betway. Apart from quality odds, bettors also get a wide range of promotional offers while signing up.
Indian customers will love Royal Panda, such as the 100% welcome bonus on a deposit of 10,000 INR for the first time. On winning, you get free bets, and you can use it within 90 days.
There are also pre-match and in-play offers such as Total Runs, Total Even/Odds, Man of the Match, Highest scorer, and more.
On the downside, this gambling site does not provide live betting for IPL, unlike some of the other IPL betting sites, though you do have competitive cricket odds.
If you want an extensive bonus in each game, check LeoVegas India. This betting site is extremely popular for best online Casino, and you have several deposit options from e-Wallets, debit/credit cards, to UPI apps such as PayTM, Phone pe, Google Pay, and more.
Check out the exclusive LeoVegas Cricket Club that you can access from the ‘My Offers’ section.
When using the LeoVegas Cricket Club, you can get Profit Boosts for a weekly basis. Booking via the app can help you get cricket odds of 1.5 or higher. With each bet, you have the option of Profit Boost and free bet.
Do you get free spins? No. However, you may get free bets worth a certain amount that can be used to place a bet later on.
The Top IPL Betting Tips
Now, Indian Premier League prediction can be a tricky affair. Many matches have been unpredictable or been drawn to the wire. Lets discuss some important betting tips that you should keep in mind before betting on the IPL 2021.
Which team should you bet on?
The performance of Mumbai Indians, Chennai Super Kings, and Kolkata Knight Riders have been fair and stable in Indian Premier League over the years. Most people place their bets on these teams.
The one underdog is Royal Challengers Bangalore. The team holds a lot of promise, make no mistake about that. With players like Virat Kohli and AB de Villiers, it’s one of the best teams on paper. Unfortunately, they haven’t been able to translate that to real wins.
If you bet on The Royal Challenger Bangalore, and they win, you can make some good money.
What’s the safest and best IPL team to bet on?
That would be Chennai Super Kings. Led by none other than Mahendra Singh Dhoni, this Indian Premier League team has consistently won trophies, and are more likely to finish in the top half of the table.
How do I know which team will win?
Every year or two, there are Indian Premier League auctions, which changes the team players. So, a team winning today may lose out on some important bowlers the next season. Know about team composition and the players’ strengths and weaknesses. Also, take a look at their recent form, before you bet your money.
Who are the best players?
Individually, Virat Kohli has the highest runs in the Indian Premier League now.
There is also Sunil Narine, a complete all-rounder for Kolkata Knight Riders, who has single-handedly changed many games. Then, there is Michael Hussey, one of the most prolific batsmen in the Chennai Super Kings team.
According to the stats of ESPNcricinfo, Jofra Archer has been the undisputed Most Valuable Player (MVP) of IPL 2020. Another name in the list of most consistent players in Indian Premier League is Shikhar Dhawan. In IPL 2020, Delhi Capital reserved Shikhar Dhawan for 5.2 crore.
Can you bet Live?
Yes. However, do note that options for live betting on the IPL is limited to certain websites, both Indian and international.