Many of us use UPI in our day to day life for instant and real-time payments using the dedicated mobile app. UPI stands for Unified Payments Interface and was developed by the government sector organisation National Payments Corporation of India back in 2016.
You can use UPI to make both retail payments and use it for settlement systems. The purpose of originating UPI was to make instant real-time bank transfers and facilitate more accessible and convenient services.
How convenient is UPI for online casinos then? Very much so, with more than 150 banks in India integrated into its index, depositing and withdrawing money from gambling sites has become simpler and safer.
API Casino Quick Facts
How to Make Casino Deposits with UPI?
- Log in to your casino account or choose a casino in our top list.
- Go the payments or ‘wallet’ option and click proceed.
- You will find many options for you to select, like Google Pay, Debit or Credit card, Skrill, Neteller. Since we are going to deposit using UPI, go ahead and opt for it.
- Now there will be a bunch of options available for you. As we know, for setting up a UPI payment mode on our device, we need to set up a PIN from the platform associated with it called BHIM, and your bank account details are integrated on the forum. Its option is also integrated into e-wallet applications like Paytm and PhonePe.
- Make payment through VPA: It stands for Virtual Payment Address, also known as UPI ID. To make the payment, enter your ID on the casino site on being prompted and your desired amount. You will receive a request for making payment of the amount you entered. Confirm by entering your UPI PIN and proceed with the payment.
More Options (In Case You Did Not Succeed)
Payment to UPI ID of Recipient
There is also the option to make payment directly to the UPI ID of the recipient, which is your online casino merchant site. The steps will be the same, only this time, you will have to enter the amount and proceed with your PIN for confirmation, and the transaction will get executed.
Make UPI Payment Through Bank Account
Some casino sites may redirect you to a page prompting you to enter your bank account details. Do not worry; your details will be safe and only serve the purpose of depositing money.
Enter the essential information like Bank Ac. Number, IFSC code, name of the account holder, and the amount you want to deposit in INR. Select ‘Proceed’ and you will receive a request to confirm the transaction. Enter your PIN, and the transaction will be processed.
UPI Deposit Through QR Code
One of the easiest and fastest methods for depositing money is by scanning the QR code of the merchant site. It has self-integrated VPA, bank details, and client details. But the QR code option may not be available at every casino site, so please check before proceeding.
ℹ️ No matter which option you select to deposit money through UPI, you will receive a confirmation on your email for the amount you have transacted.
How to make casino withdrawals with UPI?
This is is the fun part! You managed to make some nice winnings playing casino games? Excellent, now let us go through the process of withdrawing funds from the online casino using UPI.
- Log in to your casino account.
- Scroll to the ‘payments’ section and select UPI.
- Next, in order to withdraw your money, you will have to enter your UPI ID, also known as VPA. After that, select the amount that you wish to withdraw.
- Select the Proceed option, and your money will get transferred to your bank account.
The time required for the money to settle in your bank account can be anything from 1 to 5 business days and varies depending on your bank rather than the gambling site.
But rest assured that your money will be credited to you as soon as possible. UPI is a prime & reliable method of money transactions in India.
Now, let’s go through some of the best options to gamble using UPI.
Which Online Casinos in India Accept UPI?
Below, you’ll find all casinos and gambling sites in India that accepts UPI deposits and withdrawal. All casino site listed are legal to play at and safe using UPI.
Excited about the upcoming IPL season? Already have some profitable strategies in mind? If so, 10Crick is the place for you.
Play some of the best video slots and live casino games at this space-themed casino. Besides the great interface, Genesis also offers a fantastic bonus for new players and top-notch Roulette and Teen Patti.
All of the Indian favourites like Andar Bahar and BlackJack can be enjoyed on 22Bet. Accepts all major Indian payment methods!
Blackjack and Baccarat are at your fingertips to play using your smartphone or tablet. A online casino with huge loyaty program.
Bet on NBA, Horse Racing, Cricket or head over to the Indian live casino section. Royal Panda has it all! One of the first big online casinos on the Indian market.
A new online casino in the industry, it offers attractive welcome bonus and games like Teen Patti, Andar Bahar, Baccarat, and Texas Hold’em. Opt in using UPI!
LeoVegas India does not really need an introduction, right? King of mobile casino and modern casino entertainment!
Why Use UPI As a Payment Method For Online Casino?
There are many advantages or rather reasons why players use UPI as their preferred payment method for online casino games.
Not only is it safe, fast and created specifically for Indian Players, it has even more advantages:
- You will get the payment confirmation within 30 mins.
- You do not need to remember your VPA, which will be available for you in your BHIM account details. The only thing you need to remember is your UPI ID, which is a four-digit ID. Unlike the case in debit cards and credit cards where you have to remember the card number, CVV, and expiry dates.
- It is synonymous with being reliable since it is an interface launched by the government. So, yes, it is RBI approved as well.
- More than 150 Indian banks are affiliated with using UPI as a payment method.
- Even if you do not opt for UPI, you will have to option to use it, as it is interlaced with Google Pay, Paytm, and all the official applications of central Indian banks.
- The deposit fees charged per transaction is just 50 paise.
- A good number of online casinos supports UPI.
UPI or Paytm For Online Casino Deposits?
There can be a debate between which of the two platforms is more useful for online casinos. Paytm casinos are also extremely popular in India.
So, How is Paytm different from UPI? Let’s take a look.
- Paytm supports mobile e-wallet and transfers of money from e-wallets to casino sites. This can be considered advantageous to some players. But the hassle of transferring money to a wallet first can discourage users who are looking for the faster transaction which UPI delivers.
- Paytm requires KYC to be completed, which can become a lengthy process. UPI doesn’t require KYC, as it gets directly linked to the bank.
- E-wallets like Paytm have transaction limits, meaning you cannot keep more than 10,000 INR in your wallet in a month. With UPI, you can transfer up to 1 lakh to your online casino account. But the limit varies from bank to bank.
- Paytm charges a transfer fee when you transfer from your Paytm wallet to your bank account. UPI does not charge you as no wallet is involved. A minimum charge of 50 paisa gets levied on transfers on casinos.
- Higher security in UPI as it prompts you to enter an MPIN to process transactions – but you do need to remember it. On the other hand, with Paytm, you need an OTP.
No, UPI can not be linked to any wallet as it is connected to your bank account.
Yes, you can use the same VPA with more than one bank account.
Yes, at the online casinos we list on CasinoCaptain are located outside of India. You can read more about the legal landscape here.