If you’ve ever played at online casinos, you might have noticed ‘Skrill’ as a payment option. Now, you probably know that it’s a popular wallet provider the world over. Can you use this payment option in India? Of course you can! So, here is everything you need to know about using Skrill in India. We’ll explain everything you need to know
Table of Contents
What is Skrill?
Skrill is an e-wallet (digital payment medium) that supports over 40 different currencies. It also offers cryptocurrency and gaming services. Skrill is based in London and is regulated by FCA. So, you can use Skrill safely for transferring money along with gambling transactions.
Payments made using Skrill are executed instantly. However, sometimes they may take up to 3 working days depending on your bank.
Coming to the transaction fees, Skrill does not charge any such fees. However, you might have to pay some charges while transferring the amount from your Skrill to your bank account. If you receive money in another currency, you will have to pay some exchange rate costs. For daily transactions, Skrill is free to use (if you are making purchases with merchants affiliated with Skrill).
Signing up on Skrill
Signing yourself up on Skrill is a quick and easy process. Below is a quick rundown of the signup process.
- Open the Skrill site. Right there on the homepage, you will see the ‘Open a free account’ option. Tap on it.
- The registration form appears. You have to fill in your details. Make sure you fill in the details correctly because they are used for verification.
- After this, you will be prompted to input your biodata, that is, name, date of birth, and more such details. Click on ‘next’ when you are done.
- At this point, you will be asked to enter your country and currency. Note that once you enter your preferred currency and confirm it, you cannot change it later.
- Next, you will need to provide a phone number. After this, you just check the box to imply that you agree with the T & Cs.
- Finally, you need to verify the account by opening the link sent to your registered email ID. Once you confirm your account, you will be able to use Skrill.
How to Make Payments through Skrill?
Thanks to e-wallets like Skrill, payments have become a lot quicker and hassle-free. We will walk you through the money transfer process step-by-step.
Unfortunately, you cannot transfer money from Skrill to PayPal casinos or from Skrill to Paytm directly. However, you can transfer money to and from these platforms via a third party.
Here is how you can send money from Skrill to Neteller
- Log into your Neteller with the credentials and choose the ‘Money In’ option.
- Under the deposit options, choose Skrill. Input the amount you wish to transfer and tap ‘continue’.
- Finish the transaction by clicking on ‘Pay Now’.
- You can find all your successful transactions in ‘All Transactions’ in your Skrill.
How to Use Skrill for Casinos
Skrill is majorly used for gambling sites. So, here are the steps you need to follow to deposit and withdraw money from casino sites using Skrill.
- Check if the online casino you are playing at offers Skrill as a payment option.
- You must have an account on that casino site to deposit and withdraw the amount.
- In the payment section of the casino, choose Skrill. Make sure that Skrill is listed under both deposit and withdrawal sections.
- If you want to deposit, input the deposit amount after selecting Skrill as the payment option.
- Login to your Skrill account, verify the payment, and you are done!
- You can withdraw using your Skrill account through a similar process.
It is a good and convenient practice to maintain the same payment and withdrawal option while gambling. Skrill is one of the most used casino payment options around the world, but there are many other methods that you can use. Remember to gamble responsibly!